Europcar provides clients with complete 24-hour emergency road side assistance. The contact number to be called is printed on the rental agreement and on the windscreen of the rental vehicle. In the event of a breakdown or an accident, you will receive prompt assistance. Breakdowns
Free roadside assistance is provide for inherent mechanical faults but extra fees apply for faults and driver induced errors such as:
Roadside Assistance Cover
- a flat battery;
- lost keys and remote control devices;
- unlocking the vehicle when the key or remote control device has been locked in the vehicle; and
- changing a wheel as a result of a flat tyre.
Roadside Assistance Cover may be purchased at extra cost to provide cover for:
- refuelling the Vehicle when You have run out of fuel with up to 6 litres of fuel;
- unlocking the Vehicle when the keys, keyless start or remote control device have been locked in the Vehicle;
- changing a wheel as the result of a flat tyre; and
- starting the Vehicle if the battery is flat.
However, there is no cover for the cost of a replacement key, keyless start or remote control device that has been lost and entitlement to cover is always subject to the Terms and Conditions of Rental.
You must immediately report any Accident or theft of the Vehicle to Us in writing and complete all documentation that we require and forward any third party correspondence or court documents to us within 7 days of receipt. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Rental for a full list of the obligations that apply if the Vehicle is involved in an Accident or is stolen.